“Be careful if your house is empty, Mixue will be occupied later!”
Most of us must have heard the joke above. Yep, Mixue, this ice cream & drink outlet from China is indeed incessantly expanding its stalls in Indonesia. Priced starting at Rp. 8,000 with mounting portions and a variety of interesting flavors, Mixue has succeeded in becoming a current viral food for various groups.
The pleasure of consuming ice cream, of course, there are the number of calories and nutritional doses that we need to pay attention to. So, for PYFA friends who are curious about Mixue’s calories, especially for those of you who are on a diet, read more here!
Mixue Ice Cream Calories
In general, ice cream has higher calories than similar foods such as gelato and frozen yogurt.
Based on official instagram @mixueindonesiaMixue boba sundae has the following ingredients:
- 140 kcal per 100 gram serving size
- 3.5 grams of total fat
- 2 grams of protein
- 25 grams of carbohydrates
There are 260 grams of serving size in each glass. This means a portion Mixue Boba Sundae contains 364 calories.
The number of calories is almost equivalent to the calories of instant noodles which usually have 380 calories per package.
Meanwhile, there has been no official statement regarding the calorie content of the Vanilla Mixue ice cream cone. However, reported from nutritionix, a typical vanilla ice cream cone has about 274 calories. Kind of ice cream from Mcd contains 200 calories.
Different flavors of ice cream may have different calorie counts. Additional toppings of course also greatly affect the amount of calories in it. For those of you who are on a diet and trying to reduce your daily calorie intake, you can readjust your consumption of ice cream so you don’t overdo it.
Alternative Choices for Low Calorie Ice Cream
However, ice cream that is sold in the market is usually made from eggs and cream with a high enough fat and sugar content. As an alternative to ice cream that is healthier and lower in calories, you can try making some of the following recipes yourself.
1. Strawberry Oatmeal Ice Cream
- 10 strawberries
- 5 tbsp oats
- 500 ml of low fat milk
- 2 sachets of tropicana slim sugar or honey
- Prepare a saucepan and heat the milk
- Enter the oatmeal and sugar to taste and stir until smooth
- Turn off the stove, cover and let the dough rest for 2 hours
- After 2 hours, put the ice cream ingredients into the blender
- Add strawberries
- Blend until smooth then transfer to a container
- Cover and place in the freezer for 5 hours
- Delicious and healthy strawberry oatmeal ice cream is ready to be consumed
2. Mango Frozen Yogurt
- 330 grams of frozen mango
- 227 grams of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- Put all the ingredients into the blender
- Blend evenly
- Transfer to container
- Put it in the freezer
- Mango frozen yogurt is ready to be served
(original recipe: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/low-calorie-ice-cream#recipes)
3. Almond Banana Ice Cream
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- 100 ml of almond milk
- Oven/roasted almonds
- Place the banana and almond milk in the blender
- Blend both, add milk if necessary
- Add the roasted almonds and blend, but don’t need to be very fine to add texture
- Put it in the freezer
- Enjoy healthy ice cream without artificial sweeteners
You can make all of these recipes at home and have complete control over the ingredients you need. With your favorite fruit and ingredients, of course this healthy, low-calorie ice cream is no less delicious than ice cream out there. Good luck!