- Windows 11 build 23550 is now rolling out in the Dev Channel.
- This update improves the OOBE experience and pushes new fixes and improvements.
Microsoft is rolling out Windows 11 build 23550 for computers in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider Program. In this release, the company is rolling out fixes and improvements for existing features.
Build 23550 for Windows 11, according to the official changes, brings Voice Access to the Out-of-box Experience (OOBE) to make the operating system setup more accessible. Users will be able to open the Voice Access from the Accessibility flyout from the bottom right corner of the screen. According to the company, it’s now possible to navigate the setup experience, insert passwords using the on-screen keyboard, type text using dictation, and control the mouse and focus using number and grid overlays.
In addition, this flight rolls out the September 2023 update for the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) that rolls out major improvements that bring features to shrink the virtual machine memory, automatically shrink the subsystem virtual hard disk (VHD), apply the Windows Firewall rules to the subsystem, and automatically make subsystem use the operating system proxy information. In addition, there’s a new mirrored mode and new DNS Tunneling to improve network compatibility.
Windows 11 build 23550 new fixes
These are the fixes and improvements for the latest build of Windows 11 in the Dev Channel.
- File Explorer: Fixed an issue which was causing thumbnails in Gallery to flash sometimes when scrolling.
- Start menu: Fixed an issue that was causing some icons in Start’s recommended section not to show correctly.
- Taskbar: Fixed an issue where the magnifying glass wasn’t displaying correctly when search was set to “Search icon and label”.
- Task Manager: Fixed an issue where the dialog when collecting a process memory dump erroneously said it was collecting a kernel memory dump, and fixed an issue causing Task Manager to not launch for some Insiders.
- General: Fixed an underlying issue which was causing sporadic explorer.exe and Start menu crashes for Insiders in recent builds.
Install build 23550
If you want to download and install the Windows 11 build 23550, enroll your device in the Dev Channel using the “Windows Insider Program” settings from the “Windows Update” section.
Once you enroll the computer in the program, you can download build 23550 from the “Windows Update” settings by clicking the “Check for Updates” button. However, you will need a device that meets the minimum system requirements to receive the update if you are new to the Windows Insider Program.
Thus the article about Windows 11 build 23550 outs in Dev Channel I hope the information in the article is useful to you. Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog. If there are suggestions and criticisms, please contact us : email@example.com